Suggestion to all

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by LadyCon, Aug 26, 2018.

1. LadyCon

LadyCon New Member

FatChips:
    I know I have only been here a week but I have a suggestion to make. When I play I also have forums up and I have noticed quite a few people being online but never seen them on tables. While we struggle to keep tournaments going I suggest that everybody when online, sign up for next tournament even if you can´t play. If we all do that we can have much more tournaments running and it will be easier to get people to join. As is it now my sale speech would be "Hey come join this great free site. Lots of nice people and occationally great poker although most toruneys are voided"
    Come on fellow Fatcatters it only takes a few seconds to register :)

kevin1971 and MissMousse like this.
  2. snafu

snafu Member

FatChips:
    That's all well and fine but eventually you are gonna have people signing up just to get free chips. In some cases it's already happening. The only way to make it good is if you are registered and can't play and the tourney ends up with enough players you should unregister. Good luck with that....lol

kevin1971 likes this.
  3. LadyCon

LadyCon New Member

FatChips:
    Now it´s not like any of us can use those free chips to go shopping. My point is that activity attracts more players and with more players the higher possibility of donaters to keep the site going.

kevin1971 likes this.
  4. snafu

snafu Member

FatChips:
    I know what your point is but believe m e it will happen. Not trying to cause drama JMO.

kevin1971 likes this.
  5. HappyKampr

HappyKampr New Member

FatChips:
    I will register but if you get your 3 players before the game I will unreg if I can't play so your chip winnings will be more.

kevin1971 and snafu like this.
  6. snafu

snafu Member

FatChips:
    Thank You Kampr I forgot to mention that although it's a very small amount. I will do the same.

kevin1971 and HappyKampr like this.
  7. HappyKampr

HappyKampr New Member

FatChips:
    Your right Snafu, it won't make much difference on the chip amount :p

kevin1971 likes this.
  8. CoachesCorner

CoachesCorner New Member Chief RoyalRUSH

FatChips:
    At this point at facat with low turnouts as much as people will benefit chips by not playing, perhaps the bigger picture is, get more games going, get people playing...GET THE SITE MOVING !!!!

Hopefully its contagious more people play and the site gets to the point where sitters wont get chips anyways even if they dont log out

I hate to see people pad their totals with chips for not playing but at this point if it allows 2 people to play and have fun while one gets free chips..then maybe at this time that is a fantastic thing, keeps the site more active, and i will do it as I can, but I cant promise if I am busy I will log back in to unregister...

HappyKampr and kevin1971 like this.
  9. kevin1971

kevin1971 New Member Bazinga

FatChips:
    I like the idea and i suggested something simular when the site was new...Two people or even one regged fill up the other 8-9 empty seats with bots and let the tournie start.With 8-9 bots its not gonna be easy free chips.

Its more frustrating nearly never getting to get to play a tournie on weekdays than the fear of some people earning easy chips.

The fear of easy chips was a big issue on old site where we who played early USA time was a target from other members who not having a issue playing midnight into 2-3 in the night my/our time.

I regg. for tournies every time i am here even if i not can play them, Because i know how hard it is to get people enough to get them started.

snafu likes this.
  10. HappyKampr

HappyKampr New Member

FatChips:
    It would be nice to get more playing in the morning but we can't have it all LOL :p

kevin1971 likes this.
  11. kevin1971

kevin1971 New Member Bazinga

FatChips:
    :rolleyes::):p

12. snafu

snafu Member

FatChips:
    Hi Kevin, That is actually a good idea but the only problem I see is I believe that would bring the payouts even lower than they are now. I sure don't know the answer but I guess time will tell. Maybe if it only added 1 bot. Most of the time that's all that is needed.
    Also if you had all those bots what would happen if the bots took everyone out ?? Or if it is only one person and two bots why not just play the rings.?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    kevin1971 likes this.
  13. LadyCon

LadyCon New Member

FatChips:
    Adding 1 bot to get a tourney playing is not a bad idea. As mentioned already we often need only 1 player for a tournament to start. Now for the free chips or if the bot wins, is that really a discussion worth taking? We can´t use the chips for anything whatsoever. I have seen people sign up as the 3rd person to get the tourney to start just to get booted as he/she is not there and I´m always happy that they actually care for the two of us who can play and wants to play. I play because I like the game and the people, not because I get free chips :)

kevin1971 likes this.