Question about signing up for teams

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by MissMousse, Aug 22, 2017.

1. MissMousse

MissMousse New Member Chief Bazinga

FatChips:
    Joe do you have any ideawhen we will be able to actually sign up for the various teams? And, have you and Muf
    decided if there will be a limit as to how many people can be on a team?:)

2. FatCat

FatCat Administrator Staff Member Test

FatChips:
    How fast we get teams rolling will depend on donations, I say that because we have 2 options A.) I create a plugin for the forums from scratch. Or B.) Buy a pre-made plugin and pay a freelancer to modify and add the custom features for our needs to work with poker (Like individual and team rankings, points, etc).

If donations wasn't an issue and had the extra money to spend, I can go and buy a pre-made team plugin right now and people can start creating teams. However that is without team standings and such as we'll need custom work to get all the features we want/need. Depending on the availability and experience of the Dev, that'll take like a few days to maybe 2 weeks tops. But if I have to write it myself, trouble shoot, find the bugs, fix bugs. That will take quite longer, probably too long, to be honest.

The team plugin I was looking at and hoping to add to the site, has control for team leaders. There is also the possibility to add team chat rooms later down the road.

As of right now Mufasa is struggling keeping the server payments paid. The next due date for the server is 27th. When we talked about it on Monday, he had about 1/4th of the required server payment.

I understand that people didn't want to donate in the current state it was. A lot of the time I spent waiting on emails for a fix on the poker software, by the time he responded I had figured it out or I did a workaround to make it work.

A few problems I had was the database was built for MicroSoft SQL while we're using MySQL. that is the system that stores site info and everyone's data. Then there was an issues about SQL drivers. There was issues about missing files. There was Issues with SQL connectivity. That and several others. A lot of it was because trying to make poker work with things it wasn't built for, and I apologize for the time it has taken.

Anyways I wrote more than what the question asked for.

TL;DR - More donations = faster development. And sorry for how long it has taken to get this far...

3. CoachesCorner

CoachesCorner New Member Chief RoyalRUSH

FatChips:
    Before i donate i need to know team sizes.... IF my team will be downsized due to new regulations as i have said i will leave the site...
    I have held off on donating until i seen the site and i like it.. you have done a great job
    BUT i will not donate if i am forced to leave the site due to having to pick and choose who is on my team..plain and simple..

I seriously doubt all of the players that have not been playing will ask to return.... but if the team limit is 20 as suggested there is a chance that my team could surpass that if they do ask... and i will not say NO to a teamie i will just leave instead... so I need to know what the team size will be...

All those players CHOSE to be on the team and should have the right to return plain and simple if they choose to ..
    to me its a moral and ethical thing and i would rather leave myself than decide who stays and who goes.. and again this is probably a moot point but to me its important as a chief of a team to know that my team as it was will be looked after if they wish to return. Its not about chips as at least 15 or so players did not accumulate any for the last few rounds... its about family its about team and its about respecting their wishes to be on the team....... and until they tell me they want to leave they deserve to be there..

I will not leave RUSH and join another team or start another team if i am here I am on RUSH... and if RUSH surpasses whatever arbitrary limit is imposed to circumvent the long standing limit then this is not the place for me.. ( hold your applause people................lol)

Telling me later doesnt work...

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    BigC likes this.
  4. FatCat

FatChips:
    First I'll quote you what you said back in June.
    "i think 1st we have to worry we get enough players back to even have one 20 member team before we start overthinking things like team size for multiple teams"

As of right now we need to worry about keeping the bills paid. As of last night there is a $53 out of $270 needed to pay for the server bills. The bill is due in 3 days and I don't think Mufasa would able to pay the difference this time like he did last month. He was hoping with the new site and poker active, people would be more inclined to donate that don't usually donate or people that waited.

But if you must have an answer, as of right now regarding team size. 20 -25 people per team sounds like a good starting point. Right now we have 36 members (I Use this account as an overall admin to make changes as this is a "Super User". Joe will be my Main account for poker, and joezilla was made cause there was issues with registration and I needed to test it out. Which I forgot to delete.), barely enough to make one 40 member team.
    BUT if lets say 10 team leaders that is near or at 40 members, and that they can bring most if not all of their team members over and join the same team, then I don't have any issues with keeping the current team sizes.

Everyone assumes that 20 will be forever the size limit. Which is not the case, Team size will be based on player base. If a lot of teams has reach their maxed or is near max and people agree its a good idea to raise the team limit. Then by golly, raise the team cap. I wan't to see at least 15-20 competing teams.

If you like/enjoy the site and have the extra money your willing to donate, then donate. Mufasa or myself don't benefit financially at all from the site. Once the site is fixed and have content to get approved to have advertisements then that will help pay the bills and hopefully one day the traffic can maintain the site.

Correct me if I'm wrong, the site started out to be what, 15 members when the site first opened, and later was increased due to the tremendous growth of the site.

TL;DR
    Server payment is in 3 days and we haven't met the funds for the required bills.
    20 - 25 members is a good starting size.
    Is there the possibility that can be increased? Yes, if is the demand and the player base to justify a player cap increase.

Sorry if this not the answer you wanted...

IDK why I tend to write a book to answer questions. . . o_O

Roy01 likes this.
  5. MissMousse

FatChips:
    Well said. First, lets get the people back here. Second, donate, donate, any amount.

6. CoachesCorner

CoachesCorner New Member Chief RoyalRUSH

FatChips:
    I did write that and still feel the same way get players then worry if the teams are too big and should be reduced..... But I also feel the same way as I always have posted regarding have to cut players from my team adrift if the limit is 20 and more than 20 of the members ask to rejoin....

That is my point.... there has been no confirmation regarding the team size and I was looking for

BigC likes this.
  7. screwball

screwball New Member AMIGOS

FatChips:
    my humble ...very humble...2c worth......how in this world can we worry about team sizes now.....if nobody donates waiting on the resolution ...to this........we wont have to resolve much ...at all

8. FatCat

FatChips:
    I understand what your saying, I would hate to "pick and choose" who stays. I understand that some would consider the members of their team family. But if they haven't played in, lets say, a year, and they decide to start playing for one of numerous reasons. They come back and see the site has a new name, new domain, not "owned" by DB anymore, everyone has a fresh start with teams they would need to re-apply for. Would they feel like they've been "kick" out? Maybe, maybe not. Also for the people that hasn't played/signed in, in a long time, would they really one day wake up and be like, "Man I need to go tell my team leader of this site I used to play to remove me form the team." Probably not.

I used to play a game on the PS4 called Destiny, from the time it was released up until a little over a year ago. I was part of a clan that I cant remember the name of, it was Thunder something, named after one of the game's guns. Since then I sold my PS4 and the game with it. Has it ever occurred to me that I feel like I need to go an tell then to remove me from the clan? Not really. The friends that I met from that game, the ones that I was close and enjoyed talking to. I have them added on Facebook and I can hit them up at anytime and talk about our family's and games we've been playing. If by some chance I buy a new PS4 and want to play Destiny again, I would not be surprised if I was removed from the clan, nor would I be upset. As I am a reasonable and understanding person. My closest friend is the same way. He used to play a game that I still play on the computer call Blade & Soul, he was actually the one got me playing the game. We was in the same clan, he stopped playing and we needed room in our clan, so all the inactive members was kicked. The same day, being a loyal friend I am, hit him up with a text and told him "Hey man we removed you from the clan to make space." Was he upset? No he was completely fine with it. Mufasa knows who this person is as he considers him like a son.

My point is that if some one actually cared about what team/clan/group they are part of they would at the very least keep in touch. And if they cared about the game they would still be involved in some way even if they didn't play it. I understand what its like to be part of a group and consider them as family. I also understand what its like to be a leader as I was a leader of a 80 member team (team cap) in Blade & Soul. I made the decision to step down s few months back as I've been spending most of my free time on FatCat. I do still talk to them and join them once a week for weekly raids because I'm still close to these people and I would consider them as a family.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    Roy01, lsmith58 and screwball like this.
  9. screwball

FatChips:
    nicely put.......

10. MissMousse

FatChips:
    J M O
    right now we are still a long ways away from have 20 or 30 people on a team. i have only seen six of the old bazinga team signed in for the
    new site. i am in great hopes that all of them will be coming back to the team. but, i have to be real and understand that they might want
    to go elsewhere or possibly start a team of their own.
    let the players come back, see what teams will be available and go from there.
    we still need more donations and only two days left to pay the monthly bill, please donate any amount that you can.

screwball likes this.
  11. screwball

FatChips:
    WOOT! you are very correct MM! I gae ya like.....just cause this is a lot more realistic......in this particular case weeeee hugs D!

12. MissMousse

FatChips:
    thanks Screwy, we need to contact everyone we can and get them back here.

BigC likes this.
  13. BigC

BigC New Member RoyalRUSH

FatChips:
    I have been in contact with a few ppl in hopes they join the forums and get the chips that can be got..I let them know in the forums is a one time 10k to log in and 1k daily to log in..All in hopes to get them to come back and register.......
    Your right MM, we the players need to contact those that don't know the site has been launched and in need of the donation no matter how big or small that may be......I also agree with nlm...I hope others will donate besides the same ones that donate...Times might be hard but i know ppl can afford 5 or 10 bucks or more.........I liked your reply MM.....
    Also a shout out to screwball he has been here every time i have logged in..He has become ole standby lol...Hats off to ya MM and screwy...

Peace n Love fatcatters
    BigC

screwball likes this.
  14. MissMousse

FatChips:
    Thanks for the kind words. I really like this site and the people that play here. I have contacted every Bazinga member and many others
    trying to get them to come back here. Hope in the next week or so we have more play on the tables.

15. screwball

FatChips:
    ...thank you bro! just like about everyone here...we all want to make this site ....better than it was....n hopefully...all the folks we can get back....will come with a great attitude.........and LETS ROCK!!!!!!!!!

16. MissMousse

FatChips:
    Screwy, you used the perfect two words, NEW ATTITUDE.

Bless you for that.

17. FatCat

FatChips:
    Since what I have to say is related to this thread, I'm posting here until it is live and available. Talked to Mufasa tonight/last night (depending on the timezone). The beginnings of teams should be available soon, however things like scoring, team pot, and such won't be added just yet, as we have to get it customized specifically for our needs. It is a step forward for team play nonetheless. Each team will have their own sub-forums within their own team area (shouldn't be in with the rest of the forums). More details to come. I don't want to spoil everything just yet. ;)

BigC likes this.
  18. BigC

BigC New Member RoyalRUSH

FatChips:
    Good deal......Thx joe

19. bookworm

bookworm New Member

FatChips:
    Is there a way to notify those who actively played about the new site.

20. screwball

FatChips:
    Book since a lot of folks never looked in the forums,,,i think we are about just as well off to try n e=mail your old friends n teamies!
    cool beans Joe