Bug/Glitch Chips taken after folding again

Discussion in 'Bugs & Glitches' started by CoachesCorner, Apr 5, 2018.

1. CoachesCorner

CoachesCorner New Member Chief RoyalRUSH

FatChips:
    In Game 7529 Holdem Turbo 12:30 server start time, hand 1822493 Big C went all in , HappyKampr folded but it took all her chips and booted her from the game after it timed out.

This is the same problem again as happened the other day between BigC and Gobby in TOW however there was no table change in this game, just 4 players seated .

Hopefully this gets fixed soon as it seems to be a recurrent problem.

On a sidenote and not sure if its related, around the same time every hand my chip count bounced up and down more than the blinds and antes.. it always returned to normal but it was definitely doing some weird stuff .
    Perhaps that will assist the developer into correcting this issue

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    BigC likes this.
  2. BigC

BigC New Member RoyalRUSH

FatChips:
    Good post and yes it happened again....
    I am willing to bet it has happened more times then this i think some don't notice it...

3. MissMousse

MissMousse New Member Chief Bazinga

FatChips:
    Joe, games are not playing. you can sign up for the 7:30 game, and that's all

4. MissMousse

FatChips:
    Joe, problem with the TOW GAME today. I was told by SlippinJimmy that when he and Alex were transferred to the final table, neither was able
    to play. The transfer was not smooth, both tried several times to reboot etc and could not get on the table.

5. Alex777

Alex777 New Member RoyalRUSH

FatChips:
    Hi Joe
    The Final Table in TOW would not load , and then it shut me down and when I tried to Open the Site Again and I got this Message...
    (This page isn’t working
    www.teamfatcat.com redirected you too many times.
    Try clearing your cookies.
    ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS)... I cleaned my cookies and even try to use Microsoft Edge and I got the same Message...
    I rebooted my PC and the site loaded back up again...

Thank-You
    Carson aka Alex777

6. CoachesCorner

CoachesCorner New Member Chief RoyalRUSH

FatChips:
    The not making it to the final table is a new glitch and sadly it happened during TOW, but we rarely have multi table games to see how often it will happen. Perhaps it would happen more often if we had more multi table games. Sorry to Alex and Dave that it chose them.

As well the old taking of chips glitch also happened again on the final table i believe. BigC lost the hand to monica with both all in but he had more chips and at the end of the hand he had no chips and was out.

One of these glitches is an ongoing issue that is well known, the other totally new and they both happened on the final table after the merge. Not sure if that info will help the developer or not.
    Hopefully the developer can start to fix these problems.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  7. BigC

FatChips:
    If i'm not mistaken it got me too Alex..I was taken out but, the one that got my chips was way under stacked to my stack yet i still went out...
    I was frustrated and said i had enough for one day...
    Sorry Alex i didn't stick around to see the end....

These glitches interrupted a TOW game the exact scenario i was suspecting might happen in an earlier post..

8. FatCat

FatCat Administrator Staff Member Test

FatChips:
    This was not a glitch... It was due to DNS nameservers being updated, once I realized the names was bouncing back and forth I revered the settings. Unfortunately depending where you live depends on how fast they where updated because how DNS work.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  9. MissMousse

FatChips:
    Joe, thank you for your swift response on this.

10. BigC

FatChips:
    I am kinda lost here...Was this an auto update ???

11. Alex777

Alex777 New Member RoyalRUSH

FatChips:
    THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE

12. BigC

FatChips:
    If this was an auto update seems to me it can be scheduled and if so why did it do this during a tow game and hasn't in the past??

13. BigC

FatChips:
    A domain name server th.at does this during a game and has not done this in past TOW games or any other game that we are aware of makes me wonder why we give donations to a broke a faulty site....

Just my opinion and a response would a alleviate me posting her about this so called no glitch situation.

14. FatCat

FatChips:
    No it wasn't an auto update nor a glitch... As I said, It was a DNS nameserver change. A DNS allows you to type "Google.com" in the address bar rather than Google's IP - 74.125.124.100 (If you put the IP in the address bar google will pop up). Technically the site never went down just the name "Teamfatcat.com" was being bounced rather the going to the correct IP. For each DNS change, the servers across the world will have to up date the name to an IP. Depending where you live in the world it will affect people different times and at different speeds. That's why some was able to play and some could not...

I was using a service from cloudflare to add an extra layer of protection to the site. According to cloudflare the transition was supposed to happen with out "downtime". Well the settings from cloudflare didn't like the settings from Godaddy and caused unforeseen problems. I too was in the middle of something when it happened and corrected the issue right away. Again depending where you lived depends on how fast these DNS servers updated. Some DNS's update faster than others...

Nothing happened to the server/site just the route from DNS servers that says "TeamFatCat goes to this IP address" caused by some wrong settings...

15. BigC

FatChips:
    Why would that happen during the biggest game we have opposed to it happening at some point in time with less internet traffic on the site...
    I'm not trying to be a wise guy by no means..

I am inquisitive that is all.....This still did not explain the reason for my chip stack gone when i had 1600 to an allin with 700...
    I was dropped and left with no chips once again....

16. FatCat

FatChips:
    The DNS issue is not related to the chips at all. I made the change during my free time. I rarely get online at all once I'm home, unless I get an email or message that needs Immediate attention.

------------

Back to the actual Glitch/Bug. We are trying to locate the source of this issue. Its not an easy task. So far this has happened to (that I know of) @HappyKampr @GOBBY @BigC . If its happened before and was never reported. We can't help solve a problem that we don't know of.

I'll be getting an updated poker file in the next few hours. I'll add the new file and enable debugging for the time being. I'll restart the server later this evening for the changes to take effect. If It happens again please tell me so I can check the logs and pin point the source of the problem.

MissMousse likes this.
  17. BigC

FatChips:
    Thank You fatcat admin....Sounds like a good plan...